Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog 5: Project Reflection and Working EQ

1) Positive Statement: What positive thing happened as a result of what you have completed so far?
- One of the most important things that I gained from my mentorship, is learning the importance of a coach. I now appreciate how much a coach does in a team. Before my mentorship, I payed no attention to the influence a coach has on the team. I believed his responsibility was just to set up the starting team. Now I know he does more than that, and I am interested in learning more.
2) EQ Content:  Pick a piece of research or your interview.  How has it helped you improve your understanding of your topic?
- One of my articles, that I found for my research check, called "Soccer Attacking Offense Positions. Should Soccer Fullbacks Push Up on the Attack?Or Should They Defend Deep," gave me insight on a tactic many coaches use. This taught me about the strategic side of soccer. It is one of my favorite articles, because I am a defender, and this personally helps me be better on the field.
3) What has worked for you so far in the senior project?
- The mentorship hours have helped me out the most. I believe since my subject is about a sport, it is better for me to have hands-on activities. My mentor is not only teaching me about playing soccer, but also about coaching it.
4) What hasn't worked so far?
- What has not worked for me are the research checks. It is hard for me to find articles that have information that I don't already know. When I do find one, the article is very short, making it unusable.

5) Finding Value: 
  • What is the most effective way to transform a team into one that has good team chemistry, and can function in any situations. 
  • I plan on spending more time with my mentor, because besides the practices and games, he can also help expand my knowledge of what happens on the outside of the field. 

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a county library card? If not, get one quick. I typed in "soccer coaching" and LOTS came up. Come for help if you need me to show you how to request books. You'll need a library card and pin number. Also, ask Sarah for tips. She is doing goal-keeping, but she has good research.

    Lastly, your question might not be clear enough. What about this one...How can a soccer coach best lead a club team to a championship season?

    ReplyDelete